Thursday, March 31, 2011

Titles mean everything

If you read my previous post don’t think that I have succeeded in titling my book.
The title to which I am referring is the title to my blog. It came to me as Writing is a Bitch. The title to my first post. But I didn't think it was a good idea to make that the official title.
So I wrote Writing's a witch. My writing buddy agreed and there you go, but something else happened.
It reminded me of my sister.
She tries so very hard to swear and when we were younger she would say in a hushed whispered. 'You know' look around to make sure no one is listening. 'rhymes with witch.'
I would laugh and burst with BITCH.
We are very different, my sister and I. While we share similar physical traits (If you point that out in public we deny it. Vehemently.) We are vastly different.
I am the black sheep, she is the white sheep. It's cute though because she wants to be spotted.
One spot maybe two.
I am a realist. I see the world as it is and most of the time it's pessimistic. Don’t confuse me with the bitterly depressed. I'm not.
She is constantly optimistic. She always sees the good in everyone around her and if she cant see it at first she pokes around until she finds it buried deep beneath a facade.
When she meets someone she's pleased as punch. When I meet someone I wonder if they are dangerous.
Don’t judge me it's a crazy ass world out there.
There are very few people I trust. She is one of them.
Does she drive me insane? Duh. She's my sister.
So out of respect for her I decided not to name my blog Writing’s a bitch, and fell back her good old stand by. Writing’s a Witch.
I think I see a tiny white spot…crap…

1 comment:

  1. You and Kari do look amazingly similar physically. I remember seeing her for the first time a few years ago walking down the neighborhood and thinking to myself "Holy cow it's Kyla!!"

    ReplyDelete